Let me fill you in on a little secret: the wrap that you’ve got on your vehicle is one of the most powerful and diverse tools in your advertising arsenal. Don’t believe me? Well, there are some specific strategies that you can use to turn that utility player into an MVP. Used well, your vehicle wrap has enough power to make a big impact with prospective customers– as well as frustrate and undermine your competition, if you’re into that sort of thing.
See It To Believe It
Remember that sight is the primary sense that people use in their everyday lives. Which means that your choice to invest in a visual medium is pretty clever. Since you’ve already got something to see, the challenge now is to be seen. Here are some ideas:
- Go Play In Traffic: When you have time in your schedule, take the busiest routes instead of the fastest ones. But don’t make yourself late for appointments– the trust your customers have for you is more important than exposure.
- Take It Shopping: If you don’t have any appointments that day, take the vehicle out for errands. Large shopping centers are great, but many have towing policies, so make sure you actually have business with that store. Seek out the worst spots, the ones that are closest to the road and furthest from the entrance.
- Partner with a Storefront: If you build a relationship with a specific supplier, servicer, or other storefront, ask them if you can park your vehicle at their shop at off-peak hours, like when people are too busy trying to get to or from work to want to stop into the shop. Arrive early and leave before things get moving for your partners, make sure never to outstay your welcome.
Make It Eventful
Whenever you get an opportunity, take your vehicle to events happening in the community. Arrive early, stay late, and park near the street. Make sure everyone sees your vehicle as they’re entering and exiting. Keep an eye and an ear out for any of these events to post at:
- Sports Games
- Special Events
- Trade Shows
Boldly Go Where You Haven’t Been Before
Once you have a wrap, you’ve got an attention grabber no matter where you are. That means that you’re afforded some pretty interesting opportunities that weren’t open to you before. Any of these ideas will make an impression with your new graphics and make sure people see your contact information.
- Enemy Territory: Make yourself and your brand known by making your way into your competitors’ areas of operation. Some people might welcome a change from the ordinary!
- Pioneer: If there are areas of your city that you haven’t seen before, go out and get to know some people there.
- Take a Break: While you’re doing administrative work or making a phone call, park your vehicle where everyone can see.